Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Tuesday, November 11, 2008


I saw this cap online and I knew I had to see this film. Yes, I'm a sucker for the sweet and poignant and utterly heartbreaking. Judging from the photo alone, I know that's exactly what this film would be.

Based on the novel by John Boyne, the story is set during World War II and seen through the eyes of Bruno, "
the eight-year-old son of the commandant at a concentration camp, whose forbidden friendship with a Jewish boy on the other side of the camp fence has startling and unexpected consequences." Some reviews boast of a "brutal final punch of a twist" that has me totally intrigued. The trailer, in my opinion, is hauntingly beautiful.



The movie opens this weekend in limited release in the US. I doubt it'll get shown here, so that means I'll have to do some hunting in Makati Cinema Square. Oh, and I want to read the book, too.

More about the movie in the official website: http://www.boyinthestripedpajamas.com/

0 comments: